Most surveyors and solicitors will advise their clients to have the gas and plumbing installations tested prior to purchasing a property. This not only helps the buyer to make an informed decision, but if any defects are discovered the purchaser can be aware of the estimated cost of putting it right.
Alpha plumbing and gas engineers are qualified to carry out gas safety inspections and certification for home owners and prospective purchasers. Call for info & bookings: 01923 630027
The procedure and certification for testing the gas appliances is in the same statutory form as is used for landlord's certification, and includes inspection of all gas appliances, meter and visible pipework to confirm compliance with regulations and safe operation.
We will also check the property's plumbing pipework and installations so that we can advise you of any pre-existing or potential problems.
The home buyers report will detail:
- The date the appliances were examined
- Description and location of the appliances and flues
- Recognition of and recording of any defects
- An honest and independent assessment of the state of the gas appliances and plumbing installations
- The estimated cost of rectifying any defects
- Recommendations for work currently required and anticipated to be required in the future
We will also carry out an official gas safety inspection and the following gas safety tests will be carried out to check that an appliance is safe to use:
- Appliance operating pressure or heat input, or where necessary both
- Correct operation of safety devices
- Ensure adequate ventilation is available where required
- Visual examination of the flue system
- Where applicable, results of a flue flow test
- Where applicable, results of a spillage test
- Ensure flue termination is satisfactory
- Check the appliance meets current standard
For more information, or to arrange a visit from a qualified Alpha Engineer, call us today 01923 630027
With more than twenty years experience, our family-run business has been providing successful central heating/ maintenance services, emergency boiler repairs and boiler installations to our customers. Our experienced, competent technicians and plumbers have the training and expertise necessary to handle virtually any central heating installations, central heating maintenance, or central heating boiler repair.
3 reasons to use Alpha - Your Local Plumber & Heating Engineer
Local Company Serving Local People
Established for over 20 years,we have built a reputation for honesty and reliability for all our services.
Based in Watford serving the surrounding Area
The customer service we offer, right from your first phone call to when the job is completed.
Gas Safe registered (formerly known as Corgi registered).
As Gas Safe registered (formerly known as Corgi registered) installers we always carry our identification with us and are used to work on all leading types of boilers.